- The current fee structure is based on a full assessment of an individual’s needs in consultation with the care manager responsible.
- Fees may vary depending upon identified needs and any additional individual support a service user may require.
- Fees may be reduced for service users as they progress and therefore need a lesser degree of support.
- Annual increases in fees are generally in line with care industry costs and current inflation.
- Invoices for fees are raised as agreed within the care contract with the sponsoring agency (i.e. four weekly, monthly etc).
- Service users referred from outside the city of Wakefield will remain the responsibility of the referring authority.
- Whitwood Care’s service users are almost always funded by the Social Services Department of the appropriate Local Authority or via continuing health care arrangements.
- It is not possible for us to place any individual until we know their funding arrangements are secure. Given the importance of Local Authority support for an application, it might be appropriate to seek the help of a relevant Local Authority social worker. This will clarify whether the Local Authority will consider sponsorship and also whether they have their own proposals for the permanent accommodation of the individual